Information for the 2023 Annual Meeting
This members-only page contains information regarding the upcoming Annual Meeting of the RASC Toronto Centre.
- Notice of Annual Meeting
- Zoom Meeting Details
- Documents from the 2022 Annual Meeting
- Proposed Slate
- Documents for the 2023 Meeting
Notice of Annual Meeting
This message is the Notice of Annual Meeting of The Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, Toronto Centre, which is to be held on Wednesday, 20 December 2022..
The Annual Meeting will be conducted online with Zoom for interactions and voting (see below for details).
RASC Toronto Centre is a not-for-profit Ontario corporation and a registered charity. The Annual Meeting is the opportunity for you to learn about what has been achieved by the Toronto Centre in fiscal year 2022-2023 and its finances.
The Agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Adoption of the Minutes of the 2022 Annual Meeting.
- (The Minutes in a PDF file are available for download. See below.)
- Business Arising from the Minutes
- Reports of Officers
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Secretary’s Report
- Elections of 2023-2024 Toronto Centre Council
- Appointment of the Auditor
- Other Business
We look forward to seeing you at the Annual Meeting.
Lucy Winnicki, Secretary
Tom Luton, President
Zoom Meeting Details
On December 20, 2023 at approximately 7:30pm Eastern Time, a virtual meeting using Zoom will be used to conduct the RASC TC Annual Meeting with electronic voting by members through polls in Zoom. To participate in the polls, you will need the free Zoom software installed on a computer or device. Visit the Zoom web site to download the app.
Pre-registration in Zoom is required for the Annual Meeting. This will inform us if we will achieve a quorum and the expected maximum number of attendees. Registration closes at 12:01am Monday 18 December 2022.
You will be prompted for your name and email address.
Register in advance for the Zoom meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Please let us know if you experience any difficult in registering for the event.
Documents from the 2022 Annual Meeting
In preparation for the Annual Meeting scheduled for Wednesday, 6 December, the Council is pleased to propose the following slate of candidates for the RASC Toronto Centre Council for the year 2023-2024.
- Honorary President (1-year term) Dr. Roberto Abraham
- President (2nd of 2-year term) Tom Luton
- 1st Vice-President (2nd of 2-year term) Scott Masterton
- 2nd Vice-President (2nd of 2-year term) Dr. Elaina Hyde
- Treasurer (2nd of 3-year term) Denis Grey
- Secretary (3rd of 3-year term) Lucy Winnicki
- Recorder (1st of 3-year term) Andy Beaton
- Honorary Councillors: Dietmar Kupke (1-year term)
- Retiring 2024: Reza Mohamed, Kirsten Vanstone, Ed Treijs
- Retiring 2025: Charles Darrow, Diana Salerno, Charles Yung
- Retiring 2026: Doug Carman, Tanya Oleksuik, Frank Dempsey
- 1st Past President (2st of 2-year term) Dr. B. Ralph Chou
- 2nd Past President (2st of 2-year term) M. Tony Horvatin
Positions in bold are positions that are up for election
See the RASC TC Organisation page for the current 2022-2023 Council and current committee chairs.
Additional nominations to any or all of the open positions presented by two members of the Centre and accompanied by the consent of the nominee(s) to act, if elected, may be filed with the Secretary of the Centre (email@example.com) not less than two weeks prior to the annual meeting.
B. Ralph Chou
Documents for the 2022 Meeting
|2022 AGM Draft Minutes (for Review).pdf (129.22 KB)||129.22 KB|