In Toronto, the Commercial Space Blog will be sponsoring a Yuri's Night Party at the Polish Combatants' Hall, 206 Beverley Street in Toronto, Ontario on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 from 7pm - 11pm.
Join Commercial Space Media authors and journalists for an evening of dancing, romancing, thrills and chills leavened with history, science and future speculation.
Our international themed evening will feature:
• Soviet and international popular music from the 1950s to the present day.
• Delectable eastern European themed munchies including:
• Cream cheese and potato stuffed perogies (two pieces per serving)
• Bigos, a wonderful Polish dish of finely chopped meat stewed with sauerkraut and shredded fresh cabbage (one sample cup per portion)
• Assorted mini quiches (one piece per serving)
• Mini-canapes with herrings and egg (one piece per serving)
• Crispy cups stuffed with ham salad (one piece per serving)
• Eggs with smoked salmon (one piece per serving)
• Vodka for the Proletariat!! A cash bar, door prizes and terrific swag!
• Introductions from the Canadian Space Society (CSS) and other space and academic organizations.
• A discussion (with audience participation) on Project Voyager, a "Space Mission Simulator" with more than a passing resemblance to the Kerbal Space Program.
• Special overviews on "Canada's 150 Years of Aerospace History," and upcoming opportunities to explore international centres of space science excellence, both on the Earth and "in Spaaaaaaace."
• Connections to other Yuri's Nights being celebrated around the world, via satellite and internet.
Who can attend: Everyone
Organized by: The Commercial Space Blog
Location: Polish Combatants' Hall, 206 Beverley St, Toronto, ON M5T 1Z3